My latest interview for my research project Perceptions of Coaching in the UK Creative Industries was with Chris Arnold, Executive Creative Director of BLAC (Barradale Leagas Arnold Campbell), a creative integrated marketing and advertising agency that specialises in change marketing.
EDIT (5.7.07): Chris is now Executive Creative Director of the ethical marketing agency FEEL.
Formed from the merger of Ron Leagas’ integrated agency Edge and Chris Arnold’s creative shop Feel, BLAC seeks to challenge conventional thinking both with its clients and internally. Read more about their approach on the Change Marketing blog.
Chris has strong opinions about the state of management in the UK advertising industry. He is also very interesting on the subject of managing risk – always a hot topic in a creative business. As with my other interviewees, I was struck by the way his approach to people management seems to emerge naturally from his creative and business strategies.
Watch this space for more interviews in this series…
In typical bohemian fashion we met for our discussion in a cafe, which means there’s some background noise on the recording – but hopefully that won’t be too much of a distraction from what Chris is saying.
Click the ‘AUDIO MP3’ icon below to hear the interview.
Table of contents for Research: Perceptions of Coaching in the UK Creative Industries
- Take Part in My Research – ‘Perceptions of Coaching in the UK Creative Industries’
- Research Project: Definition of ‘Coaching’ for this Project
- Research Project: Definition of ‘Creative Industries’
- Questionnaire for Managers in the UK Creative Industries
- Questionnaire for Employees in the UK Creative Industries
- Online questions for UK Creative Industry Staff
- Interview with Mick Rigby, Managing Director, Monkey Communications
- Research Project Featured on ‘Better Business Blogging’
- Interview with Ruth Kenley-Letts, Film Producer
- Interview with Chris Arnold, Executive Creative Director, BLAC
- Interview with Russell Davies, Advertising Planning Maestro
- Interview with Chris Hirst, Managing Director, Grey London
- Interview with David Roberts, Senior Project Manager, Creative Launchpad
- Interview with Neil Youngson, Technical Director, Cabinet UK Ltd
- Interview with Greg Orme, Chief Executive, Centre for Creative Business
- Interview with Chris Grant, Consultant, 14A Conversations
- Interview with Antonio Gould, Consultant, and Sara Harris, Screen Media Lab
- Interview with Richard Scott, Surface Architects
- Interview with Ben Demiri, Brand Manager, SIX Showroom
- Interview with Sian Prime, NESTA Creative Pioneer Programme
- Interview with Jill Fear, CPD Manager, The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
- Interview with Terry Childs, Creative Director, Silver Chair
- Interview with Matt Taylor, Director, Fat Beehive
- Interview with Mark Earls, Advertising Contrarian
- Interview with David Amor, Creative Director, Relentless Software