Greg Orme is the Chief Executive of the Centre for Creative Business, a joint venture between Europeâ€™s highest-ranked business school, London Business School and Europeâ€™s largest creative university, University of the Arts London. The Centre for Creative Business is Europeâ€™s pre-eminent organisation helping creative industry management teams to grow more profitable businesses through management courses, networking, events, conferences, research and media.
Greg is a regular commentator and writer in national media on leadership and strategy. His media and journalistic background, together with an MBA from London Business School, enables him to be creative and analytical in his approach to business. In 2002, he co-founded a boutique strategy consultancy, 4future, which works at board level with FTSE 100 companies to maximise the potential of their business. Prior to completing an MBA at London Business School, Greg spent ten years in the media as a journalist and editor.
Greg’s position in an organisation that is a key player in the development of the UK Creative Industries enables him to give a good overview of the state of people management across the sector. He also suggests that some creative managers may be better coaches than they realise.
The book Greg refers to is Creative Industries: Contracts Between Art and Commerce by Richard E. Caves, (Harvard University Press, 2000). We also refer to Greg’s recent article, Special, Moi?, published in the June edition of PACT magazine (the trade body for the screen based creative industries).
Click the ‘AUDIO MP3’ icon below to hear the interview.
Table of contents for Research: Perceptions of Coaching in the UK Creative Industries
- Take Part in My Research – ‘Perceptions of Coaching in the UK Creative Industries’
- Research Project: Definition of ‘Coaching’ for this Project
- Research Project: Definition of ‘Creative Industries’
- Questionnaire for Managers in the UK Creative Industries
- Questionnaire for Employees in the UK Creative Industries
- Online questions for UK Creative Industry Staff
- Interview with Mick Rigby, Managing Director, Monkey Communications
- Research Project Featured on ‘Better Business Blogging’
- Interview with Ruth Kenley-Letts, Film Producer
- Interview with Chris Arnold, Executive Creative Director, BLAC
- Interview with Russell Davies, Advertising Planning Maestro
- Interview with Chris Hirst, Managing Director, Grey London
- Interview with David Roberts, Senior Project Manager, Creative Launchpad
- Interview with Neil Youngson, Technical Director, Cabinet UK Ltd
- Interview with Greg Orme, Chief Executive, Centre for Creative Business
- Interview with Chris Grant, Consultant, 14A Conversations
- Interview with Antonio Gould, Consultant, and Sara Harris, Screen Media Lab
- Interview with Richard Scott, Surface Architects
- Interview with Ben Demiri, Brand Manager, SIX Showroom
- Interview with Sian Prime, NESTA Creative Pioneer Programme
- Interview with Jill Fear, CPD Manager, The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
- Interview with Terry Childs, Creative Director, Silver Chair
- Interview with Matt Taylor, Director, Fat Beehive
- Interview with Mark Earls, Advertising Contrarian
- Interview with David Amor, Creative Director, Relentless Software