The next interview for my research project on Perceptions of Coaching in the UK Creative Industries was with Chris Grant, a consultant and founder of 14A Conversations. Chris has 25 years’ experience of consulting in a wide range of industries, including the Creative Industries sector.
At 14A Conversations Chris and his colleague Ann Lyon work with clients ranging from Government Departments to Community Groups; from PR Consultancies to Global TV Channels. Chris describes his trade as “a builder of bridges” and aspires to be “an alchemist”.
Because of his wide experience, Chris was a good person to ask whether or not the ‘people management’ challenges faced by creative businesses are essentially any different to other industries. Authenticity is a key theme of this interview, as Chris emphasises the importance of managers’ intentions as well as their behavioural skills, whatever the style of management they employ.
Thanks for staying with the blog during the recent hiatus in posting, while I’ve been hard at work on the research project report.
This interview takes us to almost half-way through the series – there will be plenty more posted over the next few weeks, plus I’m looking forward to having more time for writing posts.
Click the ‘AUDIO MP3′ icon below to hear the interview.
Table of contents for Research: Perceptions of Coaching in the UK Creative Industries
- Take Part in My Research – ‘Perceptions of Coaching in the UK Creative Industries’
- Research Project: Definition of ‘Coaching’ for this Project
- Research Project: Definition of ‘Creative Industries’
- Questionnaire for Managers in the UK Creative Industries
- Questionnaire for Employees in the UK Creative Industries
- Online questions for UK Creative Industry Staff
- Interview with Mick Rigby, Managing Director, Monkey Communications
- Research Project Featured on ‘Better Business Blogging’
- Interview with Ruth Kenley-Letts, Film Producer
- Interview with Chris Arnold, Executive Creative Director, BLAC
- Interview with Russell Davies, Advertising Planning Maestro
- Interview with Chris Hirst, Managing Director, Grey London
- Interview with David Roberts, Senior Project Manager, Creative Launchpad
- Interview with Neil Youngson, Technical Director, Cabinet UK Ltd
- Interview with Greg Orme, Chief Executive, Centre for Creative Business
- Interview with Chris Grant, Consultant, 14A Conversations
- Interview with Antonio Gould, Consultant, and Sara Harris, Screen Media Lab
- Interview with Richard Scott, Surface Architects
- Interview with Ben Demiri, Brand Manager, SIX Showroom
- Interview with Sian Prime, NESTA Creative Pioneer Programme
- Interview with Jill Fear, CPD Manager, The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
- Interview with Terry Childs, Creative Director, Silver Chair
- Interview with Matt Taylor, Director, Fat Beehive
- Interview with Mark Earls, Advertising Contrarian
- Interview with David Amor, Creative Director, Relentless Software